Defender Christian Fuchs and Forward Karol Swiderski included in top 10 jersey sales league wide as CLTFC has most successful expansion launch in MLS history
CHARLOTTE, NC (Monday, September 12, 2022) – Major League Soccer today announced the list of top-selling adidas jerseys in the League. Charlotte FC defender Christian Fuchs and forward Karol Swiderski cracked the top 10 at numbers two and seven, respectfully.
Charlotte FC had the most successful and top selling inaugural jersey launch in MLS Store history.
LAFC forward Gareth Bale topped the list, with his teammate Carlos Vela, LA Galaxy's Javier 'Chicharito' Hernandez and Atlanta United's Josef Martinez joining Fuchs in the top five.
Top-Selling MLS Player Jerseys, 2022 Season
- Gareth Bale - LAFC
- Christian Fuchs - Charlotte FC
- Carlos Vela - LAFC
- Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernández - LA Galaxy
- Josef Martínez - Atlanta United FC
- Raúl Ruidíaz - Seattle Sounders FC
- Karol Świderski - Charlotte FC
- Xherdan Shaqiri - Chicago Fire FC
- Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders FC
- Walker Zimmerman - Nashville SC
- Valentín Castellanos - New York City FC
- Sebastián Driussi - Austin FC
- Lucas Zelarayán - Columbus Crew
- Cristian Roldan - Seattle Sounders FC
- Diego Fagúndez - Austin FC
- Nicolás Lodeiro - Seattle Sounders FC
- Hany Mukhtar - Nashville SC
- Diego Chara - Portland Timbers
- Carles Gil - New England Revolution
- Miles Robinson - Atlanta United FC
- Luiz Araújo - Atlanta United FC
- Johnny Russell - Sporting Kansas City
- Lorenzo Insigne - Toronto FC
- Douglas Costa - LA Galaxy
- Gyasi Zardes - Colorado Rapids
Sixteen different countries are represented (determined by birthplace):
o Argentina (Valentín Castellanos, Sebastián Driussi, Lucas Zelarayán*)
o Austria (Christian Fuchs)
o Brazil (Luiz Araújo, Douglas Costa)
o Colombia (Diego Chara)
o Germany (Hany Mukhtar)
o Italy (Lorenzo Insigne)
o Kosovo (Xherdan Shaqiri)**
o Mexico (Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernández, Carlos Vela)
o Peru (Raúl Ruidíaz)
o Poland (Karol Świderski)
o Scotland (Johnny Russell)
o Spain (Carles Gil)
o Uruguay (Diego Fagúndez, Nicolás Lodeiro)
o United States (Jordan Morris, Miles Robinson, Cristian Roldan, Gyasi Zardes, Walker Zimmerman)
o Venezuela (Josef Martínez)
o Wales (Gareth Bale)
*Born in Argentina. Played for Armenian National Team.
**Born in Kosovo. Played for Switzerland National Team.
- 2022 Concacaf Champions League Winners, Seattle Sounders FC, lead with four jerseys in the top 25 – Raúl Ruidíaz (No. 6), Jordan Morris (No. 9), Cristian Roldan (No. 14), and Nicolás Lodeiro (No. 16).
- Five players have featured for the U.S. Men’s National Team: Jordan Morris, Miles Robinson, Cristian Roldan, Gyasi Zardes, Walker Zimmerman.
- Seven players have played in a FIFA World Cup match: Douglas Costa (Brazil), Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernández (Mexico), Lorenzo Insigne (Italy), Nicolás Lodeiro (Uruguay), Raúl Ruidíaz (Peru), Xherdan Shaqiri (Switzerland), Carlos Vela (Mexico).
- Nine players were 2022 MLS All-Star Selections: Valentín Castellanos (New York City FC), Sebastián Driussi (Austin FC), Carles Gil (New England Revolution), Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernández (LA Galaxy), Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders FC), Hany Mukhtar (Nashville SC), Raúl Ruidíaz (Seattle Sounders FC), Carlos Vela (LAFC), Walker Zimmerman (Nashville SC).
- Six are first-year MLS Players: Gareth Bale (LAFC), Douglas Costa (LA Galaxy), Christian Fuchs (Charlotte FC), Lorenzo Insigne (Toronto FC), Xherdan Shaqiri (Chicago Fire FC), Karol Świderski (Charlotte FC).
The rankings are based on overall retail sales of adidas MLS jerseys on MLSstore.com since the beginning of 2022 season through Sept. 1. For more information on the top-selling MLS jerseys, visit MLSstore.com.