Fan Code of Conduct Policy
Major League Soccer and each of its Clubs are committed to creating a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable matchday experience for all fans visiting MLS stadiums and facilities. MLS and its Clubs are also deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment, free of discrimination and harassment. This Fan Code of Conduct addresses conduct that is inconsistent with these goals and detracts from the matchday experience.
The following conduct is prohibited in the stadium and all parking lots, facilities and areas controlled by the Club or MLS:
- Throwing objects of any kind, including cups and streamers
- Behavior that is unruly, disruptive, threatening or violent in nature, including verbal or physical harassment of match officials, players, staff or fans
- Conduct that is illegal
- Conduct that results in damage to the venue or other personal property
- Displaying signs, symbols, images, using language or making gestures that are threatening, abusive, or discriminatory, including on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, ability, and/or sexual orientation
- Displaying signs, symbols or images for commercial purposes or for electioneering, campaigning or advocating for or against any candidate, political party, legislative issue, or government action
- Any clothing items that have profanity/obscene gestures will not be permitted
- Entering or attempting to enter the field, the field track, the tunnel or any other location other than that permitted by the fan’s ticket or credential
- Possession of an unauthorized pyrotechnic device, smoke or firework or other prohibited Items*
- Failing to follow requests from venue staff regarding stadium operations, policies and emergency response procedures
- Declining to promptly return a ball that enters the stands
- Irresponsible use or consumption of alcohol or other substances
- Making unauthorized transmissions or play-by-play accounts of the match
- Any behavior that otherwise targets other fans or interferes with other fans’ enjoyment of the game
- Prior to entering the Supporters Section, fans are required to pour all beverages into a plastic cup. Cup pour stations are located on the concourse just outside the vomitories at sections 119/120 and 122/123.
Any fan who violates any of these provisions may be subject to penalty, including, but not limited to, ejection without refund, loss of ticket privileges for future games and revocation of season tickets. Any fan who (1) conducts themselves in an extremely disruptive or dangerous manner (“Level 1 Offenses”), or (2) commits multiple violations during a 12-month period, may be banned from attending future MLS matches for up to a year or longer. Level 1 Offenses include, but are not limited to, violent behavior, threatening, abusive or discriminatory conduct or language, trespassing or throwing objects onto the field, use or possession of unauthorized pyrotechnics or other dangerous prohibited Items*, or illegal conduct.
Depending on the nature and severity of the violation, individuals who violate this Fan Code of Conduct may be required to submit a written request for readmission and participate in an online Fan Code of Conduct Education Class (FCEC) in order to be reinstated.
Please note that MLS and its Clubs reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone who has engaged in harassment of match officials, opposing team members, staff or other fans or who have otherwise violated this Code of Conduct using social or digital media or other forms of communication.
- Alcoholic beverages
- All balls, including soccer balls of any size and inflatable items
- All non-transparent bags or items, including backpacks, binocular/camera cases, cinch bags, computer bags, diaper bags, purses larger than 4.5" x 6.5", etc.
- Baby carriers that fall under the following:
- Single stool baby carriers with or without pockets/zippers (due to size)
- Combination baby carriers with or without pockets/zippers (due to size)
- Coolers or beverage containers, including cups, cans and bottles
- Fireworks including, but not limited to, flares, smoke bombs, incendiary devices, pyrotechnics or explosives
- Folding chairs
- Food and beverages, except two (2) sealed plastic non-flavored water bottles per person
- Horns, bells, whistles and other noise makers
- Hover-boards, scooters, or skateboards
- Illegal drugs or harmful chemicals
- Laser pointers
- Pets, except service animals assisting those with disabilities
- Seat cushions with covers, zippers, clasps, pockets or any other device that would allow concealment of any item
- Souvenir cups
- Strollers and baby seats
- Video equipment
- Weapons of any kind and size, including guns, knives, scissors and those carried with a permit
- Other items that in the judgment of stadium management pose a safety hazard or diminish the enjoyment of an event by other patrons