Apply to be a host family for our 2021-22 season
The Charlotte FC Homestay Program offers young players a unique opportunity to train and play with the Charlotte FC Academy. These committed athletes have been identified by Charlotte FC as individuals with the talent to develop as players within the Academy, with the ultimate goal of making their way to the first team.
Sharing your home with a Charlotte FC Academy player will provide a unique and enriching opportunity for your entire family!
- Experience the reward of helping a young athlete achieve his dreams
- Support Charlotte FC by directly contributing to the future of the club’s player development
- Deepen your connection with the Club and the entire Charlotte FC community
- Monthly stipend of $500-$700 per player
- 2 tickets per match when the club begins MLS play in 2022
- Academic and educational support for every homestay player
- Connection with Charlotte FC
- The family will welcome the player into their home and coordinate with the player’s family as needed to ensure a smooth transition. The player will have his own room that includes a bed, a desk and chair, sufficient storage space, an internet connection, smoke detector in or by the player’s bedroom, linens/blankets/pillows/towels, laundry facility with detergent, and a bathroom (can be shared) with ample space for toiletries
- Nutrition is a very important part of these young athletes’ life. The host family will provide balanced meals along with healthy snack options. Nutrition guidelines and support is offered to the host families by the Academy Performance Staff
- Transportation to and from school, practices and the airport on travel weekends will be provided by the host family. Host families should expect players to practice at least four days a week, and to have games most weekends. (If the player has his own car, it is his responsibility for maintenance, gas and insurance). \\Note – you may still apply and be considered if you cannot provide full transportation.\\
- The program is a 10-month commitment, which runs from August through June. Players will return home during winter, easter and summer breaks
If you are interested in applying to be a host family and receiving further information please fill out the following application form: